Motorola has launched Android M 6.0 Marshmallow update for Moto G 2nd Generation but many of the people are not receiving the OTA update. The reason can be you might have rooted your device or unlocked the bootloader. But do not worry we will help you out.Follow the steps mentioned below very carefully to Install Official Android M 6.0 Marshmallow on Moto G 2nd Generation.
DISCLAIMER: I have tested this ROM with Motorola’s moto g 2nd gen XT1068 and it worked perfectly fine and it is still working as of June 2016. You are responsible if you do anything wrong with your phone.
NOTE: Make sure to backup the data because all the data will be lost.
- Moto G must be rooted.
- The bootloader must be unlocked on your Motorola moto g 2nd gen.
- Must have TWP or CWM or Philz recovery installed on your android phone.
- Make sure the model number of your android is XT1068/69/63.
Keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader will void the warranty. Perform the procedure at you own risk.
This guide is only for those people who didn’t receive the OTA update.
Follow the steps to install Android Marshmallow on moto g 2nd generation
- Turn off your device.
- Boot into CWM Recovery by pressing volume down button and power key for few seconds.
- Click on Wipe data and when prompted select yes to wipe data
- Go back and click on Wipe Partition and select yes to wipe.
- Go back and click on advanced and select wipe Dalvik cache and select yes to wipe.
- Select install zip from SD card and select CM13.
- The installation will take four minutes approximately.
- Reboot your smartphone.
- The first reboot will take a long time so do not panic.
- You will see a new logo and new boot animation on when it is switched on.
- For the first time, you need to select your language and provide the necessary information like email id and you must be connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or Mobile data.
- After the phone is turned on go settings<<About Phone and there you will find Android Marshmallow 6.0 running on your moto g2.
- Congratulations! You have successfully installed android m on your moto g 2nd gen.
Features of this ROM:
- New settings of System UI tuner.
- New UI of camera app and music app.
- Improved battery strength.
- Screen recording feature.
- Inbuilt root access.
- Navigation keys can be customized.
- A new feature of Doze mode is available which speed up the processes.
Problems in this ROM:
- Torch does not work every time.
- Frequently we get a message saying “Android OS have stopped working”.
- Mic does not work in some of the apps like WhatsApp messenger.
- Location accuracy is not perfect.
- Auto sync is not working so you need to sync the data manually.
There are some problems in this ROM but can be minimized with some tricks. If you want any further help from me then contact me through any social media sites, I am social.