Disclaimer: I have tested this method of unlocking the bootloader with Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Redmi 3s and Mi 4i and succeeded in it. I hope this method will work with other Xiaomi Devices as well. You should perform the task at your own risk as unlocking the bootloader voids the warranty. I am not liable for any damage.
Also Check: New Look Of Whatsapp
Also Read: Android O 8.0 Oreo is out and find out if your device is eligible?
Steps to Unlock the Bootloader:
- On your phone, open settings << Additional Settings << Privacy << Device Administration << Android Device Manager and enable it.
- Go to MIUI Unlock Page and sign in with your MI Account.
- Provide your details and apply for permissions
- You will receive an SMS within 5 days for unlocking the bootloader.
- After receiving the reply, don’t do anything for next 5 days and wait for another 5 days.
- Extract the downloaded MI Unlock Tool.
- Open MI Unlock Tool and log in with the same MI Account that you used for sending the permissions.
- Power off your phone and press volume down key and power button at the same time for 10 seconds and your device will boot into the fast boot mode.
- Connect your phone in fast boot mode to the computer.
- Click on unlock on the MI tool and the percentage goes from 0 to 100.
- Soon your will receive a message on screen saying “Congratulations Unlocked Successfully”.
Things to do after unlocking the Bootloader:
- Flash the Custom Recovery.
- Flash the Custom Rom.
- Flash SuperSu and Root your device.
- Install Xposed Modules based MIUI version.
- Enable the Virtual Keys on screen.