Lenovo Vibe K4 Note was one of the best flagships of 2017 by Lenovo. It provided many functionalities of high-end smartphones at a low price.The features included a fingerprint sensor, VR Mode, and Dolby atmos speakers. It was launched in January 2016 with Android 5.0 Lollipop and by the end of June 2016, Android 6.0 Marshmallow was officially released through OTA. But there is no official announcement for the Android 7.0 nougat for k4 note. As CyanogenMod is dead now, developers of it have launched lineage OS and they developed this ROM for Lenovo k4 Note based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. You need to perform this action of updating step by step carefully then you can get this Android Nougat on your Lenovo k4 Note without any issue. Android Nougat update comes with tons of new features like Multi-window, floating window, quick toggles, protected apps, blocking the number throughout the operating system and lot more. It is not required for you to be a developer or an expert in this field to perform this process. I have done my best to make this tutorial simple and minimal so you can proceed without any hesitation.
THINGS TO DO IN ADVANCE:
- Backup the data in advance because this process will delete all the data from your device.
- Unlock k4 note’s bootloader as it allows you to flash the flashable zip files.
- Flash the custom recovery TWRP on the k4 note because this recovery is responsible for installing android nougat on your k4 note.
- A windows PC or laptop. This method does not work on mac OS.
Also Check: New Look Of Whatsapp
NOTE: This Custom Rom is only for the 3GB RAM variant. If you to try to flash this ROM on 2GB variant of k4 note then there are chances to soft brick your device.
Lineage OS ROM based on Android N 7.1.1
STEPS TO INSTALL LINEAGE OS:
- Download the zip files of ROM and G Apps from above and save them to your memory card.
- Switch off k4 note and press volume up key, volume down key and the power key at the same time for about 10-15 seconds. This will take your android phone into TWRP recovery mode.
- Tap on backup and swipe to backup the data. If you do not like the ROM or if anything goes wrong, you can recover it back through this.
- Tap on the wipe and then click on the advanced wipe, now select Dalvik, Data, Internal Storage, and Cache. Swipe at the bottom to wipe. This will clean the memory of your k4 note.
- Go back and tap on install and select the first zip file of Lineage OS ROM, swipe at the bottom to flash.
- After the installation is finished, go back and select the second downloaded zip file of G-Apps and swipe at the bottom to flash. The flashing will take around ten minutes. This G apps zip file contain all the google application which includes google chrome, play store, hangouts and so on.
- Click on reboot system and your k4 note will be booted into lineage OS. The first boot may take longer so do not disturb it.