Downgrade MIUI 8 to MIUI 7
Many Xiaomi Users do not like the UI of MIUI 8. This is because MIUI 8 is very heavy and may not work with stability in some Xiaomi devices. These people wish to revert back to MIUI 7 from MIUI 8. There are many methods to downgrade MIUI 8 to MIUI 7 on your Xiaomi Phone. In this tutorial, I will show you a simple method to downgrade your Xiaomi phone from MIUI 8 to MIUI 7.
Note: Follow each and every step very carefully, if anything goes wrong, your device may be stuck in the boot loop.
Steps to downgrade MIUI 8 to MIUI 7:
- Before starting the process, disable the drivers signature on your windows computer. If you do not know, how to disable the drivers signature, then click here.
- Install the drivers correctly. Make sure to disable the drivers signature before installing the drivers.
- Download the ROM and extract it in any drive of your computer.
- Once you extract the ROM, dowload and extract ADB folder. Also, download and install MI flash tool.
- On your Xiaomi Phone, enable the developers option. To do so, go to Settings< AboutPhone< tap on MIUI version for 7 times.
- Go to Additional settings and open developers option, enable the USB debugging.
- Connect your Xiaomi phone to the computer.
- Open ADB folder, press shift and then right click on the computer, click on Open Command Window Here.
- A black screen will popup on the screen.
- Type “adb devices”, it will show you the list of devices and if anything popups on screen, just select yes.
- Now type “adb reboot edl”. Your android will be booted into the edl mode.
- Open MI flash tool, select browse and select the download ROM images. Select refresh and then click on flash.
- Flashing will take around five minutes.
- After the flashing is completed, remove your phone and turn it on.
- Congratulations! You have successfully downgraded MIUI 8 to MIUI 7.