Android Nougat 7.1 is the latest update from google which brings new features and changes to the platform. But it is not coming in many devices anytime soon. I managed to get it on my moto g with the help of custom recovery. Therefore, I present you a quick overview of Android N 7.1 which is running absolutely fantastic on my device. This version of android was developed by Cyanogen Mod developers which is termed as CM 14.1 and if you do not like this ROM then you can go for lineage OS which is also based on android nougat. Lineage OS is almost similar to CM 14.1 but has some additional features.
Features of Android Nougat 7.1
- The First Feature is about the 3d touch which makes your task easy and it was previously available only on Apple devices.
- Now you can open camera by just double clicking the power button. You get the new UI of Camera. You can adjust ISO, Aperture, Shutter speed and Exposure as well.
- You can switch between apps by just double tapping on the recent button.
- You can access multiwindow by pressing and holding the recent button. You can even use different browsers of chrome in the split screen by just tapping on the 3 dots and tap on “Move to another window”.
- You can adjust the brightness by just sliding your finger on top of the screen.
- You can lock your screen by just double tapping on the home screen button.
- You can zoom in and zoom out any image with a single finger by just double tapping on the screen, This feature works with maps and also with the browser.
- You get the night mode feature which is similar to the night shift of Apple devices. This mode makes your eyes, strain free at night.
- You can force stop some apps which keep running in the background by just going to developers option<<Inactive app. Tap on the apps to make them inactive.
- You can enable System UI Tuner by long pressing the settings icon in the notification panel. This helps you customize tiles according to your liking.
As every coin has two sides, nougat update also have some pros and cons. The bugs are limited and can be fixed anytime soon by their developers.
Issues of Android Nougat 7.1
- Battery Drain-Many Android N users are facing the heavy drain after the nougat update. However, it can be fixed with some hidden tweaks.
- Night Mode not working- To enable the night mode, you need to download an app called Night Mode Enable from the play store.
- Some of the apps do not support the multi-window feature.
- Video flicker which is recorded through the default camera.
- Phone keeps restarting when you turn on or off the toggles in the notification tiles.
- Bluetooth keeps disconnecting when connected to Bluetooth speakers.
If you found the above information to be useful then share it with your friends on social media platforms. It encourages me to write more useful articles on various topics.